ION Lightning Guard Electrical Surge Protector
Rating: 4.5/5read 2 reviews
- Protects appliances & equipment from electrical surge damage including lightning strikes and power surge spikes
- Protects devices plugged in on the same circuit up to 10metres away
- Recommended to be used on many major appliances - TV, Audio/Hi-Fi System and Computer, Games Console, fridge freezer and cooker... and many more
Lightning Guard is a new Dutch invention that’s proven incredibly popular in Holland, as they, like UK residents, suffer many lightning strikes.
In Britain there are around 300,000 lightning ground strikes every year - some strike homes and businesses, damaging structures and electrical appliances such as those fitted with a microcomputer, including TVs, audio and computer equipment, fridges, freezers, cookers and even central heating systems.
Lightning Guard protects equipment from ‘electrical surge damage’. This covers not only the effects of lightning strikes but also other power ‘spikes’ that can occur when power comes back on after a power cut, during maintenance work, or simply when a major appliance is turned on.
Simply plug Lightning Guard into any standard UK earthed mains plug socket and it will protect all devices plugged in on that circuit up to 10metres away (over 300m sq. - assuming the circuit is that large).
Lightning Guard has less than 1 nanosecond response time – it intercepts the surge spike before it reaches and damages any connected appliances appliance and then guides the surge spike through the earth of the plug socket and away from your valuable devices.
Many electrical devices including some extension leads claim to have ‘surge protection’ built in, but they have much slower response times than Lightning Guard and are therefore much less effective.
When placed in a non-earthed socket, the Lightning Guard will absorb the surge spikes and transfer it to heat: it can absorb up to 10 big surge spikes when placed in a non-earthed outlet.
It is recommended that at least two Lightning Guards are used: one for your TV/Audio/Computer equipment and another for the kitchen to protect your fridge, freezer, cooker etc. - items far too valuable to risk.
- Protects equipment from ‘electrical surge damage’
- Protects all devices plugged in on that circuit up to 10metres away
- Less than 1 nanosecond response time
- Intercepts the surge spike before it reaches and damages appliances
- Transfers surge spikes to heat when connected to unearthed sockets
- Nominal rating at constant load: 13A, 250V, 50Hz
- Max. energy dissipation: 1100 J
- Maximum spike current: 20000A
- Amps: L-N 10000A, L-G 10000A
- Clamping voltage: L-N,L-G 1.5KV
- Protection modes: L-N, L-G
- Response time: < 1 ns.
- Standard Delivery within 8 working days: UK Mainland - £3.95; Non-mainland - £6.95
- Items identified as eligible for Express Delivery (orders must be placed by 6pm Monday to Friday for next working day): £6.95 UK Mainland; £9.95 Non-Mainland
- Every product is covered by our 14-day money back guarantee
- Every product is guaranteed for at least 12 months. If your item develops a fault within the guarantee period, we will either refund (only if within 14 days) or replace free of charge
- If you wish to return an item to us for whatever reason, please call us on 0344 482 2112
Customers Also LikedBack to Top
Luxury Leather e-Reader Caseonly £9.95
16GB Picture Keeper Portable Storageonly £79.95
Corded Deluxe Amplified Telephoneonly £59.95
Steepletone SSTY4 3-speed Magnetic Stylusonly £15.95
Legendary Music Scores and Lyricsonly £39.95
Picture Keeper 8GB Automatic Photo Saveronly £29.95
2-Door Media Storage Cabinetonly £139.95
Remote Control Plug-In Switch Setonly £24.95
Hama 8GB SD Memory Cardonly £9.95
Energenie 4-Socket Extension Lead With Remoteonly £29.95
Sorry this product is currently unavailable