Job Vacancies at MySmartBuy
MySmartBuy is a privately owned importer, wholesaler and multi-channel retailer of innovative, functional and affordable consumer goods, with HQ located in central London and a warehouse/distribution operation in Southampton.
With a recognised track record of excellent product marketing, MySmartBuy moves at a fast pace with sales growing year-on-year since the company was established in 2004.
Our multi-channel offering incorporates this leading ecommerce website, direct response adverts placed in national newspapers and magazines (either own branded or client branded), a mail-order catalogue business, plus, third-party marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon.
We are always striving to improve our company in any way possible and as such recruitment is one of the most important parts of our business. We're constantly looking for ambitious, intelligent, passionate and creative people to join our team, so if this sounds interesting then we'd love to hear from you.
Please email your covering letter and CV to the appropriate person or general enquiries to email@example.com.
Job Title: Marketplace Executive
An opportunity exists for a Marketplace Executive to be responsible for managing the company’s eBay, Amazon and Play.com stores. This role includes listing and optimising new products, monitoring sales and stock, handling customer service queries over email and liaising with IT and the warehouse to sort out any system errors or problematic orders.
The successful Marketplace Executive will have a background in selling on eBay and Amazon within a business environment, experience of using multi-channel listing software (e.g. eSellerPro) and good customer services skills..
- Increase the year-on-year revenue generated from marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon and Play.com whilst retaining Top Rated Seller status on eBay and maintaining overall customer satisfaction levels.
- Recommend new products to the product development team based on competitor analysis.
- Penetrate new marketplaces that fit with our product range e.g. Tesco Direct, Pixmania.
- List new products on suitable marketplaces, optimising each listing to increase chances of visibility and sales conversion.
- Amend existing items – description, images, prices, stock levels etc.
- Monitor sales and stock to ensure demand is met but that we never sell an item that is not in stock.
- Monitor negative feedback, low Detailed Seller Ratings (on eBay) and buyer disputes and act accordingly to ensure the customer is satisfied.
- Identify problematic products, processes or services and liaise with the relevant teams to improve accordingly.
- Maintain (or increase) customer satisfaction levels across all marketplaces to an acceptable level and ensure our Top Rated Seller status on eBay is retained each month.
- Keep our marketplace stores updated with best sellers, latest products and special offers.
- Maintain a close relationship with our account managers on the various marketplace platforms to ensure a quick resolution to any potential issues and to secure any daily or weekly deals wherever possible.
- Be the customer services point-of-contact for all incoming email queries, responding to them in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- ‘Close the circle’ by proactively reporting to the buying and product development teams with feedback on current sales and recommendations for new products.
- Produce P&L reports on all marketplace activity and provide reports on KPIs to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Penetrate any marketplaces that we do not currently have a presence on but suit our product range e.g. Tesco Direct, Pixmania.
- Keep up to date with all the latest trends and news on eBay, Amazon and Play.com to ensure we stay ahead of the game.
Key Job Role Skills:
- Experience of selling on eBay and Amazon within a business environment using multi-channel listing software such as eSellerPro.
- Able to provide great customer services and a desire to ‘go the extra mile’.
- You will be an effective and compelling copywriter with good spelling and grammar.
- A methodical approach to managing work load and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage priorities in a fast paced environment.
- A passion for online retail will have an interest in consumer products.
- Superbly organised, results-driven team player.
- Hard working with a ‘Can Do’ Attitude.
- A positive individual with a natural desire to continuously improve.
Experience and Qualifications:
You will have at least 1-years’ experience in selling on marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon for a retailer and you will have a proven track record for delivering positive results in a similar environment.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of using multi-channel listing software with eSellerPro being preferable.
C-grade or above at GCSE level in English is required.
Benchmark Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary. 25 days annual leave. One month notice period rising to 3 months after successful 6 months probationary employment.
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org