Returns and Refunds
MySmartBuy is committed to selling high quality products and we’re sure you will be delighted with your purchase, but we also know there may be a time when you need to return an item. We aim to make this process as simple as possible.
Every product we sell is covered by our 14-day money back guarantee. This means you have 14 days from the time you receive your order to decide whether or not you wish to keep your item(s). If during this period you decide that you would like to return your item(s), please contact us by telephone (0344 482 2112) or email (email@example.com).
The product you return needs to be complete with all packaging and components included. Please be aware that you as the consumer have a duty of care for the products during this period and that if you return a product to us that is deemed damaged by a lack of care we reserve the right to return the product to you instead of issuing a refund. Refunds will be issued within 14 days of us receiving your returned product.
Footwear Purchases: When trying on footwear for the first time, please do so indoors and on a clean surface. If you ordered the wrong size, we will be happy to process a replacement, as per the procedure outlined above, but we would need the original items to be returned in an as-new and re-saleable condition.
Hygienic considerations: for reasons of hygiene and safety we are unable to process a refund or replacement for items that have been opened unless they are faulty, this applies to: pierced earrings, software, DVDs, self-assembled furniture, personalised and perishable items as well as hygiene sensitive items such as pillows, mattress toppers and duvets.
All of our products are covered by our 12-month guarantee. Extended manufacturer's guarantees may apply to some products and will be mentioned in the product specification on our website.
If you receive goods that are damaged, which you did not order or that develops a fault within the warranty period, please contact customer services by telephone (0344 482 2112) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately. We will guide you through the best solution.
When we have received your item back from you, we will inspect it to verify the damage (normal wear & tear, unauthorised tampering or damage, or lack of maintenance are not valid reasons to return an item). Once we are satisfied, we will offer a full refund (only if within 14-day approval period), repair or replacement.
If you place your order with us online, by post or on the phone, you are covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. This means that you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of your goods and receive a full refund, apart from flat pack items which you have fully assembled and bespoke personalised products made to your specification. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed, please contact us as soon as possible by telephone (0344 482 2112) or email (email@example.com) and we will advise how to go about cancelling your order.
If your item has not yet been despatched, we will be able to cancel the order for you and we will issue a full refund including postage costs. If the item has already been despatched, you will need to send the item back to us as per the 'unwanted goods' terms outlined above; we will only reimburse the standard delivery charge associated with the original order.
You are obliged to take reasonable care of the goods, ensuring the goods remain unused and in their original packaging. When we receive the goods from your cancelled order we will reimburse you within 14 days via the payment method used for the original transaction and to the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply.
As well as the value of your goods, we will reimburse the standard delivery charge associated with the original order. Express or any supplementary delivery charges will not be refunded. A deduction from the reimbursement may be made for any goods returned in an unsatisfactory condition as a result of unnecessary handling.
Important things to consider
- Please ensure you contact us before sending any goods back to us. Failure to contact us first will result in delays in processing
- If you do not contact us within 14 days of receiving your item we will assume you are happy with your purchase and do not therefore want to cancel your order and do not want a refund. We will not refund any orders after this period has ended so it is important that you check you are happy with your purchase as soon as it arrives.
- We aim to process returns for replacement within 7 days of receiving the item back from you. We then aim to deliver the replacement order or issue a refund within a further 7 days.
- Items must be sent back with a copy of original invoice (if supplied) and detailed note explaining reason of return and a telephone number. Failure to include any paperwork will result in delays in processing.
- We recommend you use a secure delivery method to return goods to us which requires a signature upon receipt (such as Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery), as in the rare event of the parcel going missing you are responsible for the returned products until they reach us. Additional parcel insurance is recommended when returning goods valued over £30.